Friday, March 8, 2013

designed: a well stocked bar

Pretty much everyone that knows me knows, I love a good cocktail. I was given this book, "The Cocktails of the Ritz Paris" many years ago and have been interested in the art of mixology ever since. Its sort of goes hand in hand with my love of entertaining, I guess its the Southern in me. Check out this list of everything you will need to properly stock your bar. Here are a few of my favorite at home bars, starting with my bar in my dining room.
I have it on a cool buffet from my Mother in Law, and I got the brass lamp at Lucketts a few months ago. The art is Mr.Brainwash  and I have a Laguiole  bottle opener, out. The rest of the bar accoutrements are in the drawers below, along with cocktail napkins and glasses.



My bar is set up like this, on a buffet in the Dining Room. And this is a girl after my own heart with the greyhound statue...

Source: flickr.com via Lea on Pinterest


Nice and simple, love how all the National Geographics look stacked up on the bottom self.



This is great for what could just be boring old built ins, set up and ready to entertain!



Really love using a barristers bookcase as a fun bar.



This is so nice with all the custom built ins. I think this would be a perfect set up in my future beach house ;)



Such a sleek, modern and retro bar.



A fun outdoor bar like this one is happening on my porch this summer... for reals

Source: houzz.com via Lea on Pinterest


OK, seriously?! How awesome is this entire room? A fully loaded bar cart is just the accessory this room needs.

Or maybe want to do a fun temporary bar like for parties. How about



a fun bubbly bar for a swanky evening affair!



Or a mimosa bar for a brunch get together. I've done this a couple of times and its always a big hit! Its a great "signature cocktail" to have because it allows guests to mix their own drinks and lest you focus on greeting people. Here is a shot of one we set up for a baby shower recently.


It was a simple little set up, I used a vintage linen table cloth on top of a big butcher block cart. We just rolled it into the Dining Room and, I added some lemons, limes and pomegranate seeds after this picture. We had a bunch of Cava in the galvanized bucket and an assortment of juices (guava, orange and pomegranate) along with bubbly and flat water, and a whole bunch of small clear glass juice cups.

I love, Love, LOVE the banner that we designed (and my MIL made) as part of the decor! So CUTE



Here are a bunch of fun drink recipes like these!



xo Lea Hart




No comments:

Post a Comment