Wednesday, March 20, 2013

entertained: New Orleans

We, here at the Casa Pino, sure do love to travel. We've just returned from New Orleans, so I thought I'd share my favorites from the weekend...

best cocktails - a Pimm's Cup & a Bloddy Mary from the Napoleon House (we had a classic New Orleans Muffaletta here too)




































best daytime watering hole - Laffitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar, supposedly the oldest bar in America




tastiest meal - Vacherie

best wedding venue - the Ewing House  It was so pretty, lush gardens, beautiful antiques, bleached wide plank floors and this amazing hardware on every door.




































We were celebrating at the wedding of this happy couple! It was perfect.
carrie.anderson.photo

best brass band - the Storeyville Stompers They were the band at the wedding and it was awesome! Carrie was the photographer for the festivities. I can't wait to see her photos, she always does an amazing job! 




most unique bar & bar snacksCarousel Bar at the Hotel Monteleone, I totally recommend the crawfish and blue crab beignets. The Sazerac, another New Orleans classic was also quite enjoyable.


loveliest courtyard - Cafe Amelie We had dinner and drinks here. Isn't this such a beautiful photograph of a different wedding held at the restaurant...


*and if I hadn't gotten married here...



at the beautiful Pino Family Ranch in New Mexico... I think I would've gotten hitched in New Orleans, and it would look just like this.

funnest area to shop -  Magazine St fashion & design shopping heaven.  I got this cute little necklace.






































best live jazz & most authentic New Orleans atmosphere - Cafe Negril & Frenchman Street
It's where the locals hang out. Bourbon Street is for amateurs...








































coolest piece I wish I could've taken home with me - how awesome is this glass topped drafting table? I love it! 








































Laissez le bon temps rouler, y'all!
xo Lea Hart









No comments:

Post a Comment