Saturday, April 30, 2011

The BEST cookies EVER!

Oh my! I've been M.I.A.
(missing in [blogging] action that is) since BEfore CHRISTMAS!?!?! Yeah... um... I've been... busy?
I have been working on stuffs for the wedding, which is what is currently eating up all my time.

Speaking of eating, I've been obsessing about cookies lately. I'm not sure why exactly, perhaps the semi successful wedding diet I'm on? Or Easter? Or the just simple fact that I love cookies.
I dunno. But I thought I would round up a few of my ultimate all time favorites. Here they are in no particular order.

Earl Grey Tea Cookies
























The very simple recipe for these little darlings are here on Martha Stewart Weddings . They are sooo delicious! You must go and make them NOW!
Next up we have...

Tate's Bake Shop Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Cookies
























They sound practically healthy, but don't let the whole wheat put you off. They are so buttery and crisp and crunchy. Tate's Bake Shop is in Southhampton, but luckily for me they are sold in my neighborhood organic grocery store. And luckily for you they ship EVERYWHERE! Woohoo! All of the treats I've tried from them are delish, but these are my favorite flavor. Go get you some.
And lastly, the Mother of all Cookies.... drum roll please...









































Macaroons! From Laduree! They are the most heavenly creations on Earth! Cue the harps and cherubs. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating one little bit. They are the perfect combination of crunchy, chewy, and creamy in every bite. And, I'm not the only one who thinks so...
French Macaroons used to be super hard to find in the States, but recently they have become really popular. They are everywhere and there are now lots of places to buy them. If you are in the NYC area, I recommend La Maison du Macaron in Chelsea or Bouchon Bakery in the Time Warner Center.

Hope you enjoy something sweet!
xo Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment